2015 EXCELLENCE IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AWARDS
About the Awards | Category Descriptions | Entry Packets | Sponsors | Previous Winners | Contact
IEDC's Excellence in Economic Development Awards recognize the world's best economic development programs and partnerships, marketing materials, and the year's most influential leaders. These 34 awards honor organizations and individuals for their efforts in creating positive change in urban, suburban, and rural communities. Winners are recognized at IEDC's Annual Conference.
CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2015 EXCELLENCE IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AWARDS
How to Submit Awards Entries:
Step 1: Download an Awards Entry Packet - Available February 9, 2015.
Step 2: Review the award category descriptions and consider one or more entries from your community.
Step 3: Postmark your application(s) by the May 15th deadline. Mail to:
734 15th Street NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20005
Questions: Contact Kerry Burgott at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 942-9483.
2015 AWARDS TIMELINE
Call for Entries Begins: February 9
Early Bird Deadline: April 10
Final Deadline: May 15
Awards Presentation: October 4-7
2015 AWARDS ENTRY FEES (per entry)
(By April 10)
(April 11 - May 15)
Entrants with Populations less than 25,000
Final Deadline: Postmarked by May 15, 2015
Categories 1-24: A total of four awards will be presented for each award category, according to population. Judges will have the right to award Honorable Mentions at their discretion. One project will be awarded in each of the following population levels:
Population less than 25,000
Population between 25,000 and 200,000
Population between 200,000 and 500,000
Population greater than 500,000
These awards recognize innovative and effective marketing materials used for attracting, retaining and fostering business as well as communications vehicles used by economic development organizations.
1. General Purpose Print Brochure
2. Special Purpose Print Brochure
3. General Purpose Print Promotion
4. Video/Multimedia Promotion
5. Annual Report
6. Paid Advertising Campaign
9. Special Event
Internet & New Media Awards
These awards recognize exceptional and inventive use of the Internet and new media - including podcasts, blogs, wikis, extranet and intranets - for economic development.
10. General Purpose Website
11. Special Purpose Website
12. New Media
These awards recognize outstanding and pioneering programs in economic and business development.
13. Multi-Year Economic Development
14. Business Retention and Expansion - Single Events
15. Business Retention and Expansion - Programs of 3 Years or More
17. Neighborhood Development
18. Human Capital
19. Responding to Globalization
20. Sustainable and Green Development
21. Real Estate Redevelopment & Reuse
These awards recognize significant partnerships formed to support economic development and the results achieved by working together.
22. Public-Private Partnerships
23. Partnerships with Educational Institutions
24. Regionalism and Cross-Border Collaboration
These awards recognize outstanding leaders in the public and private sectors who are advancing economic development in their communities. One individual will be presented an award for each category.
1. New Economic Development Professional of the Year
2. Leadership Award for Public Service
3. Citizen Leadership Award
4. Institutional Leadership Award
5. Jeffrey A. Finkle Organizational Leadership Award
6. Federal Leadership in Economic Development Programs Award (Entry fee waived)
7. Congressional Leadership in Economic Development Award (Entry fee waived)
Honorary Awards (entry fee waived)
Nominations will be considered for the following honorary designations for long-standing active IEDC members.
1. Fellow Member (FM)
2. Honorary Life Member (HLM)
One individual will be recognized for their lifelong commitment to excellence in economic development.
3. Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Economic Development, in honor of Edward deLuca
WHAT CAN AN IEDC AWARD OFFER YOUR ORGANIZATION?
IEDC is the world's largest membership organization serving the economic development profession. From public to private, rural to urban, and local to international, our members represent the entire range of economic development.
Recipients of IEDC's Excellence in Economic Development Awards demonstrate to our experienced panel of judges that they are at the forefront of the economic development profession. We recognize the most successful, innovative, and effective leaders, programs, partnerships, and promotional materials. Award recipients gain valuable publicity and exposure amongst their peers in the economic development field, media, and prospects. Raise the visibility of your organization - apply for an Excellence in Economic Development award today!